Tickets are now available for Transition Tatura’s inaugural film festival, ‘Communities Rethinking the Future: A day of Films, Talks and Conversations’, to be held on Saturday, August 30 at the Gallery Cafe.July 30, 2014 3:45am
Spokesperson Marisa O’Halloran said participants would have the opportunity to engage with some incredible speakers, coupled with four thought-provoking films.
She said the speakers were:
● Kate Auty is former Victorian Commissioner for the Environment and a Vice-Chancellors Fellow at the University of Melbourne.
● David Karoly from Melbourne University is School of Earth Sciences Professor of Meteorology and an ARC Federation Fellow in the School of Earth Sciences.
Professor Karoly is active in research on climate variability and climate change, including greenhouse climate change, stratospheric ozone depletion and inter-annual climate variations due to El Niño Southern Oscillation.
● Fiona Armstrong is a Fellow of the Centre for Policy Development, Founder and Convenor of the Climate and Health Alliance, and a founding director of CLIMARTE: Arts for a Safe Climate.
● Peter Seligman is an associate of the Melbourne Energy Institute at the University of Melbourne, and will explore the possibilities open to Australia in the field of sustainable energy and in particular the issue of concern about noise from wind turbines.
● Hans Baer, a Melbourne University anthropologist has participated in numerous social movements, including peace, anti-apartheid, labour, environmental, climate, and socialist movements, and has conducted research throughout the world.
Ms O’Halloran said the films were: The Earth Wins,The Human Cost of Power.Done with the Wind, and The Power of Community.
‘‘If your interest is shaping the future for healthier communities, livelihoods and fun founded on initiatives that rebuild resilience and reduce emissions then this is the event for you,’’ she said.
‘‘Tickets cost $25 and are available through http://events.ticketbooth.com.au/event/3856288 (a limited number will be available on the day). Tickets are limited.’’
Hafizullah Mohaqiq was born in Afghanistan, spent periods living in Pakistan and Iran, before arriving in Shepparton two months ago.
The Mulwala Lions had satisfying and hard fought win, in difficult conditions, against last year’s grand finalists at Lonsdale Reserve on Saturday.
The Fairley Leadership Program met in Tatura on Wednesday, exploring ‘Water and our catchment’ at Goulburn Murray Water.
Road authorities have made little progress to fixing Echuca’s most dangerous intersections.
Lockington Vintage Tractor and Stationary Engine Rally is on for the 18th time this weekend and there is something for everyone.
Kyabram and District Sportstar of the Year nominations finalised
Three local clubs get together at Kings Park.
Tributes flow for Finley's inspiring mother, friend and farming advocate Jennifer Hawkins
A visit by Coliban Water to Heathcote last week provided residents with a chance to quiz staff about water and sewer services.
A new book, Men from the River Bends, honours Cobram-Barooga and district soldiers who paid the ultimate sacrifice after enlisting in World War 1.
Deniliquin bowler Dennis O'Keefe lost 25-19 in his bid for a quarter-final spot in the Victorian Singles Championships this week.
Widespread rain late last week and on Saturday put a smile on the faces of farmers preparing to sow crops or waiting for weeds to emerge on early-sown rye-grass.
Discover unbelievable local deals from local businesses every week in the Goulburn and Murray Valley area with Leapon.com.au!
Search properties for sale or rent across North Central Victoria and Southern NSW. Visit your local website for local homes....
Search for published and unpublished photos from McPherson Media Group newspapers and magazines. All our photos are available to purchase.
Place an advertisement in any one of McPherson Media Group's local newspapers.