Tickets are now available for Transition Tatura’s inaugural film festival, ‘Communities Rethinking the Future: A day of Films, Talks and Conversations’, to be held on Saturday, August 30 at the Gallery Cafe.July 30, 2014 3:45am
Spokesperson Marisa O’Halloran said participants would have the opportunity to engage with some incredible speakers, coupled with four thought-provoking films.
She said the speakers were:
● Kate Auty is former Victorian Commissioner for the Environment and a Vice-Chancellors Fellow at the University of Melbourne.
● David Karoly from Melbourne University is School of Earth Sciences Professor of Meteorology and an ARC Federation Fellow in the School of Earth Sciences.
Professor Karoly is active in research on climate variability and climate change, including greenhouse climate change, stratospheric ozone depletion and inter-annual climate variations due to El Niño Southern Oscillation.
● Fiona Armstrong is a Fellow of the Centre for Policy Development, Founder and Convenor of the Climate and Health Alliance, and a founding director of CLIMARTE: Arts for a Safe Climate.
● Peter Seligman is an associate of the Melbourne Energy Institute at the University of Melbourne, and will explore the possibilities open to Australia in the field of sustainable energy and in particular the issue of concern about noise from wind turbines.
● Hans Baer, a Melbourne University anthropologist has participated in numerous social movements, including peace, anti-apartheid, labour, environmental, climate, and socialist movements, and has conducted research throughout the world.
Ms O’Halloran said the films were: The Earth Wins,The Human Cost of Power.Done with the Wind, and The Power of Community.
‘‘If your interest is shaping the future for healthier communities, livelihoods and fun founded on initiatives that rebuild resilience and reduce emissions then this is the event for you,’’ she said.
‘‘Tickets cost $25 and are available through http://events.ticketbooth.com.au/event/3856288 (a limited number will be available on the day). Tickets are limited.’’
Today the The News is launching its Downsizing Shepparton Campaign.
The Yarrawonga Pigeons have secured a vital win over Wangaratta Magpies at JC Lowe Oval in Yarrawonga.
Murray Dairy has appointed Ross Read from Toolamba West in the extension co-ordinator role.
An Echuca man has pleaded guilty to bashing and kidnapping another man in Moama in August 2013.
Fiona Colenso was shocked last week when Campaspe Shire contractors arrived to fence off her driveway.
The final 25 players have been chosen to represent the Goulburn Valley Football League in their quest to regain the number one football ranking in country Victoria.
A 640 000 bird proposal finally gets the green light from Strathbogie Shire Council.
Record cattle prices were recorded at the Finley Saleyards on Friday
People in rural and remote areas are significantly over-represented in the number of deaths and serious injuries on our roads.
Cobram Barooga residents are being encouraged to eat pink this month to support breast cancer research.
First Deniliquin crop shows promise.
The Farm Water Program Round 4 Registration of Interest call has reopened to enable irrigators who may have missed the main call another opportunity to participate.
Former Member for Indi, Sophie Mirabella has two other contenders for Liberal pre-selection for her old seat.
Discover unbelievable local deals from local businesses every week in the Goulburn and Murray Valley area with Leapon.com.au!
Search properties for sale or rent across North Central Victoria and Southern NSW. Visit your local website for local homes....
Search for published and unpublished photos from McPherson Media Group newspapers and magazines. All our photos are available to purchase.
Place an advertisement in any one of McPherson Media Group's local newspapers.