A man suffered serious burns to his face and chest after a butane can explosion caused a fire at a Shepparton house yesterday.JENNA BISHOP April 17, 2014 5:56am
Controlling scene: A butane can explosion caused a house fire in Shepparton, with a man suffering facial and chest burns.
Emergency services were called to the Swallow St property about 11
‘‘The male in his 40s was treated at the scene and stabilised and then transferred to Goulburn Valley Health in a serious, but stable condition,’’ Ambulance Victoria spokesman John Mullen said.
Shepparton Fire Brigade station officer Scott Shenfield said a butane can in the house’s laundry at the rear of the property caused a small explosion.
‘‘There was no structural damage to the house, however there was damage to parts of the laundry inside,’’ he said.
Mr Shenfield said a second occupant had unsuccessfully tried to extinguish a fire in clothes in the laundry.
It took two fire crews less than five minutes to extinguish the small fire.
Great time had at this year's Barmah Muster.
The Mulwala Lions had satisfying and hard fought win, in difficult conditions, against last year’s grand finalists at Lonsdale Reserve on Saturday.
The second annual Bonnie and Clyde Rods, Rats and Rides Festival fired up at Tatura Park at the weekend (April 11-12), drawing thousands of petrol heads and rockabilly music lovers to Tatura.
Friday’s annual primary inter-school cross country meet will see a broader variety of students taking part, as well as the introduction of a new finish line.
Lockington Vintage Tractor and Stationary Engine Rally is on for the 18th time this weekend and there is something for everyone.
Kyabram and District Sportstar of the Year nominations finalised
Three local clubs get together at Kings Park.
Tributes flow for Finley's inspiring mother, friend and farming advocate Jennifer Hawkins
A visit by Coliban Water to Heathcote last week provided residents with a chance to quiz staff about water and sewer services.
A new book, Men from the River Bends, honours Cobram-Barooga and district soldiers who paid the ultimate sacrifice after enlisting in World War 1.
Deniliquin bowler Dennis O'Keefe lost 25-19 in his bid for a quarter-final spot in the Victorian Singles Championships this week.
Widespread rain late last week and on Saturday put a smile on the faces of farmers preparing to sow crops or waiting for weeds to emerge on early-sown rye-grass.
Discover unbelievable local deals from local businesses every week in the Goulburn and Murray Valley area with Leapon.com.au!
Search properties for sale or rent across North Central Victoria and Southern NSW. Visit your local website for local homes....
Search for published and unpublished photos from McPherson Media Group newspapers and magazines. All our photos are available to purchase.
Place an advertisement in any one of McPherson Media Group's local newspapers.