Echuca restaurant Ceres opened its doors on Saturday night for the first time since a kitchen fire injured two of its staff.RENEE THOMPSON January 22, 2014 4:01am
Echuca restaurant Ceres opened its doors on Saturday night for its first normal service after a kitchen fire injured two of its staff.
One of the restaurant’s kitchen staff was burnt on his face and chest while the other’s arms were burnt as a result of the January 8 incident, which put the pair in hospital.
Ceres co-owner Kerrie Pitts said she was glad the injured pair were recovering well.
‘‘We will struggle for a little while, but it’s nice to be back and nice to know the boys are recovering,’’ she said.
‘‘The two are going back to see their respective specialists shortly.’’
Mrs Pitts said they hoped to know by next week how long the staff members would be off work.
She said the WorkSafe investigation had concluded quickly.
‘‘They came in last week and were happy with everything,’’ she said.
WorkSafe confirmed the authority had completed its inquiries.
‘‘No further action will be taken,’’ the spokeswoman said.
Mrs Pitts said the restaurant was happy to be back in business after closing for a week and a half.
‘‘We put a post up on Facebook that we were reopening. We’ve had a lot of well wishes,’’ she said.
‘‘We were full on Saturday night. It’s nice to feel supported. A lot of locals came out.’’
She said the restaurant was scaling back some of its opening hours until further notice.
‘‘Now I guess it’s a matter of time, getting back to normal,’’ Mrs Pitts said.
The theft of several treasured instruments from a Numurkah home has devastated owners.
The Yarrawonga Mulwala Cricket Club has hosted the first ever ACA Masters contest at the Stan Hargreaves Oval in Yarrawonga.
The regular annual tour of heritage-listed former Internment Tatura Camp One again this year attracted interest from Melbourne and Interstate visitors.
AFFORDABLE property is not out of reach — it is just out of town.
A GROUP of Rochester Secondary College students visited Bendigo last week to donate blood for the first time.
Bowls Club hosts 49th Victorian Country Masters Pairs
The Oriential Weatherloach has infested the Goulburn River.
The largest ever Strawberry Fields crowd turned out to enjoy the event on the Murray River at Tocumwal at the weekend.
AFTER the hottest October in Victoria since records began in the 1850s, it will come as little surprise that rainfall across the district was unusually low.
Although finishing the competition a day earlier than he would have liked, Katamatite local Curtis Hanley was still thrilled that he reached his goal at the recent Victorian Open for Lawn Bowls.
Mathoura car crash sparks grass fire.
Watch and Act issued for Corowa and Wahgunyah near Rutherglen, urging people to leave now as conditions may worsen.
The News magazines are online - read high quality magazines in your time. Check in regularly for the latest editions.
Riverine Herald's well regarded locally produced magazines. They're now online, so you can read them whenever and wherever you like.
Search for published and unpublished photos from McPherson Media Group newspapers and magazines. All our photos are available to purchase.
Place an advertisement in any one of McPherson Media Group's local newspapers.